5 N -6Day
Delhi -Agra-Fatehpur sikri-Jaypur-Delhi
Day 1 :-- 10.00 Am
Arrival at Delhi Airport ,Our representative pick up you from Air port and drop to hotel ,Complete your Check in procedure and after fresh up start memorable tour . Proceed to
Jantar Mantar:- At a distance of 3 km from Delhi Junction Railway Station, Jantar Mantar is one of the best historical places in Delhi situated in Parliament Street near Connaught Place. Jantar Mantar was declared a national monument in 1948. The Jantar Mantar is among the best places to visit in Delhi and is a great place for astronomy lovers.
Jantar Mantar, also known as the Delhi Observatory was built in 1724 AD. It is one of five astronomical observatories in India that was designed by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II of Jaipur. The other four observatories are situated at Jaipur, Varanasi, Ujjain and Mathura .The essential purpose of the Jantar Mantar was to accumulate astronomical tables which in turn would help predict the time and movement of the celestial bodies such as the sun, moon and other planets. The task was given to Raja Jai Singh by the Mughal emperor Muhammad Shah.
It houses 13 astrological instruments, including the Samrat Yantra, Ram Yantra, Jaya Prakash and Mishra Yantra. The entire structure is made of stone and marble. The instruments have been repaired and restored repeatedly, but without any large scale alteration.
The Samrat Yantra reflects the accurate time within a variation of four minutes. Any change in the weather or the onset of the monsoon can be prepared by the Indian Chhatri, which is a small dome-shaped structure. The Jai Prakash Yantra consists of two concave hemispherical structures to ascertain the position of the sun and other planets.
Two circular buildings near Jai Prakash constitute the Ram Yantra which is used for reading horizontal and vertical (altitude) angles. The Mishra Yantra to its north west combines four instruments in one, and hence its name. This was designed as a tool to determine the shortest and longest days of the year. To the east of the instruments, the small temple of Bhairava also appears to have been built by Maharaja Jai Singh.
Birla Mandir : At a distance of 4 km from New Delhi Railway Station and 2.5 Km from Jantar Mantar, Lakshmi Narayan Temple also known as the Birla Mandir is situated at Mandir Marg near Connaught Place in New Delhi. It is one of the first temples built by the Birlas in India and one of the major Delhi tourist attractions.
This temple was built by the famous industrialist and philanthropist, Baldeo Das Birla and his son Jugal Kishore Birla of Birla family. The construction of temple was started in 1933 and completed in 1939. The foundation stone of temple was laid by Maharaja Udaybhanu Singh. The temple was built under guidance of Pandit Vishwanath Shastri and the architect was Sri Chandra Chatterjee. Birla Mandir was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi in 1939. At that time, Mahatma Gandhi kept a condition that the temple should allow people from all the castes.
The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. The three storeyed temple was built in the Nagara style of Hindu temple architecture. The temple spread over 7.5 acres and is adorned with many other shrines, fountains and a large garden. The entire temple is adorned with carvings depicting the scenes from Hindu mythology. The vimana above the sanctum sanctorum reaches a height of 165 feet while the ancillary towers reaches 116 feet. The temple faces towards east and is situated on a high plinth. The marble used for the temple construction was brought from Jaipur. Stone from Makarana, Agra and Jaisalmer were used in the construction of the temple premises.
The main temple houses statues of Lord Narayan and Goddess Lakshmi. There are other small shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesh and Hanuman. The Geeta Bhawan to the north of the temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is adorned with beautiful paintings depicting scenes from mythology. There is also a shrine dedicated to Lord Buddha with fresco paintings describing his life and work. Artificial landscape and cascading waterfalls add to the beauty of the temple.
The temple is one of the major attractions of Delhi and attracts thousands of devotees on the Hindu festivals of Janmashtami and Holi. Other important festivals celebrated in this temple are Diwali and Rama Navami.
Red Fort :- At a distance of 4 km from New Delhi Railway Station, The Red Fort or the Lal Qila is one of the best historical places in Delhi situated on the western bank of the River Yamuna. This grand fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi, from where the prime minister addresses the nation every year on Independence Day (15 August). It is located in the center of Delhi and houses a number of museums. It is one of the best places to visit in Delhi and also the face of Delhi Tourism.
The Red Fort was built by Shah Jahan between 1638 and 1648. The Fort was built when Shah Jahan transferred his capital from Agra to Delhi. The fort is better planned than the Agra Fort and was the residence of the Mughal emperor of India for nearly 200 years, until 1857. It was originally called as Quila-i-Mubarak, meaning the blessed fort, as it was the royal residence of Mughals.
The Fort is enclosed by a rubble stone wall. The walls of the Fort are about 2 kilometers in length while the height varies from 18 m to 33 m, and surrounded by a deep forbidding moat. The structure is in the form of an octagon with long extended walls on the east and west. The Red Fort is constructed out of red sandstone along with marble that has been extensively used in the construction of the palaces within the fort. It has two main gateways, the Lahore Gate and the Delhi Gate.
The entrance is through the Lahore Gate which forms a part of a massive stone fortification and is made up of pink sandstone. The path leads to the Chatta Chowk, also known as Meena bazar which offered exclusive shopping, just for ladies of the fort on Thursdays. At the end of the Chatta Chowk is the Naubat Khana (Drum house) where ceremonial music was played by the musicians to glorify the emperor and special tunes were played to announce the arrival of the royalty and important dignitaries. Just above the Naubat Khana is the Indian War Memorial Museum which has a collection of armours, guns, swords and other items related to war. There is the Swatantra Sangrama Sangrahalaya displaying letters, photos, newspaper cuttings from the India independence struggle.
From Naubat Khana, a path runs east through wide lawns to the Diwan-i-Am (Public Audience hall). In this elegant hall, the Emperor sat daily on a royal marble throne to deal with administrative matters. There is a large formal garden and a row of five small palaces behind the Diwan-i-Am. The palaces were beautifully decorated with silver ceilings ornamented with golden flowers and crowned with gilded turrets, delicately painted and decorated with intricate pieces of mirrors. Between the garden and the palaces there was a stream known as Nahr-i-Bihisht flowing with a network of lotus shaped marble fountains. The palace on the extreme south is the Mumtaz Mahal, now the Red Fort Museum of Archaeology, (Open daily except Fri 9 AM - 5 PM) displaying relics from the Mughal Period including numerous paintings, weapons, textiles, carpets, ornate chess sets, hookahs and metal work.
Close to the Mumtaz Mahal is the Rang Mahal once elaborately painted, where the emperors main wife resided and where the emperor ate most of his meals. The stream ran through the palace and ended in the lotus shaped central pool in the marble floor originally with an ivory fountain in the center. Hundreds of small mirrors were set into the ceilings of apartments on either side known as the Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors). On the northern side of Rang Mahal, is the Khas Mahal, the exclusive three roomed palace of the emperor. The southern chamber is the Tosh Khana and the north chamber is the Tasbih Khana where the emperor used to worship privately.
The majestic Diwan-i-Khas, made of marble was where the Emperor held private meetings and received important guests seated on his priceless Peacock Throne. It is said that the throne which took 7 years to make, was built out of solid gold embedded with precious stones such as sapphires, rubies, emeralds, pearls and diamonds and had figures of peacocks standing behind. The throne was carried away to Iran by Nadir Shah when he sacked Delhi in 1739. Later it was broken up by Nadir Shah's assassins in 1747.
Close to the Diwan-i-Khas is the Hammams or the Royal Baths, where Emperor's family took perfumed baths. Next to the Hammam lies the Moti Masjid, built in 1662 by Aurangzeb for his personal use. Shahi Burj, the three storied octagonal tower, situated on the northeastern edge of the fort was the emperor's private working place.
Every evening a sound and light show recreates the Red Fort's history. The English sessions are held at 7.30 PM from November through January, at 8.30 PM from February to April and September-October and at 9 PM from May to August.
Raj Ghat :- Raj Ghat is a memorial dedicated to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi located on the banks of Yamuna River in Old Delhi.
Raj Ghat is the last resting place of Mahatma Gandhi. The cremation of Mahatma Gandhi took place at the Raj Ghat on 31st January 1948, a day after his assassination. The memorial was designed by Vanu G. Bhuta, who intended it to reflect the simplicity of the Mahatma's life. It has won several awards for its architectural design.
The memorial stone of Mahatma Gandhi placed on a simple square platform made of black stone, with the words Hey Ram inscribed on it. It is left open to the sky while an eternal flame burns perpetually at one end. The road on which it is located is also known as the Mahatma Gandhi Road.
It is situated amidst a well maintained garden with fountains and numerous trees that give the area a serene atmosphere. Near the memorial, there are labeled trees planted by visiting dignitaries such as Queen Elizabeth II, Ho Chi Minh, the former Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitman and the former US president Dwight Eisenhower. Around the sides of the garden are quotes and thoughts written by Gandhi, engraved in different languages.
All guests must remove their footwear before entering the Raj Ghat walls. To the north of the Raj Ghat is the cremation site of Jawaharlal Nehru known as the Shanti Van. Near to this are the cremation sites of Indira Gandhi, who was killed in 1984 and her two sons Sanjay (1980) and Rajiv (1991). Opposite to Raj Ghat is the Gandhi National Museum which contains some of Gandhi's belongings.
Innumerable visitors including political leaders pay their homage to Mahatma Gandhi. Nowadays, it is customary for foreign dignitaries visiting India to pay homage to Gandhi here, by laying flowers on the platform. A remembrance ceremony is held every Friday at Raj Ghat, besides the prayer sessions held at the Ghat on Gandhi's birth and death anniversaries.
Akshardham Temple or Swaminarayan Temple is located on the banks of River Yamuna near Nizamuddin Bridge in Delhi. The temple is included in the list of Seven Wonders of the 21st Century by the prestigious Reader's Digest magazine. It is one of best built temples in India and among must visit tourist places in Delhi. It also has been listed in the 2009 edition of the Guinness World Records book as the largest Hindu temple in the world.
Akshardham Temple is dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan. Akshardham means the adobe of the supreme lord and the temple is a fine example of the Hindu architecture. The complex is the second Akshardham complex in the country after the one at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
The building was inspired and moderated by Pramukh Swami Maharaj who was the spiritual leader BAPS community. It was inaugurated in November 2005 by the President, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
Spread over 100 acres, the temple complex is one of the most beautiful structures in India. The temple is a complex of many small structures with the main monument built according to Vaastu Shastra. The main monument is made of Rajasthani pink sandstone and Italian Carrara Marble. Built with earthquake-resistant provisions, its interior is bright and air conditioned. It is 141 feet high, 316 feet wide and about 370 feet long supported by 234 pillars with floral carvings and also has 11 huge mandapas (domes) and decorated arches.
There are over 20,000 statues of Hindu gods and goddesses. The temple also features the Gajendra Pith at its base; it contains 148 life sized elephants in total weighing a 3000 tons. Under the temple's central dome lies the 11-foot high murti of Swaminarayan seated in abhayamudra. The temple also houses the statues of Sita Ram, Radha Krishna, Shiv Parvati and Lakshmi Narayan.
Apart from the main temple, there are many attractions spread across the 100 acre premises of the temple. There is an art gallery, musical fountain and an IMAX theater where visitors can see film based on the life of Swaminarayan. A 12-minute indoor boat ride describing India's achievements over the years takes the visitors to the theater. Akshardham also has two huge exhibition halls where one is a venue of sound and light show depicting the beginning and end of the world according to Hinduism. Another major attraction in the temple complex is the World Peace monument.
Cameras and camera phones are not allowed inside the temple complex.
Return to Hotel Stay at Delhi.
Day 2 :- After breakfast Start towards Agra City full day sight seeing at Agra
Visit to Taj Mahal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal)
Agra Fort (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agra_Fort)
Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb is often regarded as a draft of the Taaj Mahal
Also we will visit Dayal Bagh temple which is under construction from Last 113 Year
Stay at Agra
After breakfast we move to - Agra & Fatepur Sikri Sightseeing
· Tomb Of Itimad-ud-Daulah / Baby Taj
· Buland Darwaza - Jama Masjid
· Jama Masjid
· Jodha Bai Palace
· Panch Mahal
· Archeological Museum
· Hiran Minar
After completion of sightseeing start to Jaipur Stay at Jaipur
Day 4 : Start at 8 AM – After Breakfast Jaipur Sightseeing
- Amer Fort / Amber Fort
- Srijagat Siromaniji Temple
- Jal Mahal
- Khole Ke Hanuman Ji Temple
Stay at Jaipur.
Day 5: Start at 9 AM - Jaipur Sightseeing
- City Palace / Sawai Man Singh II Museum
- Jantar Mantar
- Hawa Mahal
- Albert Hall Museum
- Jaipur Zoo
- Birla Mandir
Stay at Jaipur
Day 6 Early Morning Start to Delhi 6.00 AM (5 Hrs) Balance sightseeing of Delhi
Qutub Minar is the magnificent tower of victory stands in the Qutub Complex located at Aurabindo Marg near Mehrauli in Delhi. Qutub is the highest tower in India and is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is among the must visit Delhi tourist places and one of the best heritage sites in Delhi city. It is also commonly featured in the promotion of Delhi Tourism.
Qutub-ud-Din Aibak laid the foundation of Minar in 1199 AD for the use of the Mu'zzin (crier) to give calls for prayer and raised the first storey, to which three more storeys were added by his successor and son-in-law, Shamsud-Din Iltutmish (AD 1211-36). Numerous inscriptions in Arabic and Nagari characters in different places of the Minar reveal the history of Delhi. According to the inscriptions on its surface it was repaired by Firoz Shah Tughlaq (AD 1351-88) and Sikandar Lodi (AD 1489-1517). Major R. Smith also repaired and restored the Minar in 1829.
It is an ideal example of Indo-Islamic architectural style. The minar has a diameter of 14.32 m at the base and about 2.75 m on the top with a height of 72.5 m (234 feet). The first three storeys are made of red sandstone and are heavily indented with different styles of fluting, alternately round and angular on the bottom floor, round on the second and angular on the third. The fourth and fifth floors are made of marble and sandstone. Qutub Minar is one of the tallest individual towers in the world. All the storeys are surrounded by a projected balcony encircling the Minar and supported by stone brackets, which are decorated with honey-comb design. There is a door on the northern side, leading into the tower to a spiral stairway with 379 steps that lead to the balcony in each floor.
At the base of the Minar is the Quwwat-ul-Islam Masjid. It is the earliest extant mosque built by the Delhi Sultans. It consists of a rectangular courtyard with the carved columns and pillars from 27 Hindu and Jain temples which were demolished by Qutub-ud-Din Aibak as recorded in his inscription on the main eastern entrance.
The complex also has a number of other important monuments - the gateway built in 1310, the Alai Minar, Madrasa, the tombs of Iltutmish, Aladdin Khalji and Imam Zamin.
Alai Minar is an incomplete monument stands just north of Qutub Minar in the Qutub Complex.
The Alai Minar is a massive structure which was started by Aladdin Khilji in 1311 AD. Sultan Aladdin Khilji, an over ambitious Sultan of the Khilji dynasty, wanted to build a structure that would be double the height of Qutub Minar to commemorate his victory over one of his Deccan campaigns. He also executed the plan and increased the size of the enclosures of the Quwwat-Ul-Islam Masjid by four times its original size to provide a ceremonial entrance gateway on either sides of the mosque. He wanted the Alai Minar to match up with the size of the increased height of the mosque and also wanted a second tower of victory under his name and hence the Alai Minar was initiated.
The Iron Pillar is standing at the center of the Quwwat-ul-Mosque in the Qutub Complex.
The Iron Pillar dates back to around 4th century, which was erected for honouring Lord Vishnu and in remembrance of Chandragupta II Vikramaditya (375-413). Based on inscriptions and archaeological evidence, the Iron Pillar of Delhi was originally located in Udayagiri near Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh. It was brought to its current location in 1233 AD by Shams-ud-din Iltutmish during his invasion of Malwa. It was erected as a flag pole and it is still a mystery that how this pillar moved to the present location in Qutub Minar. The pillar also highlights ancient India's achievements in metallurgy.
This pillar is about 7.3 m tall and is made of 98% wrought iron, which has not rusted or decomposed for more than 1600 years. The decorative bell at the top end of the Iron Pillar presents a marvelous design. The next part of the structure is the slanted rod disc. The next three parts consist of rounded disc structures. While the top and bottom discs are semi-rounded, the middle disc, which is also the thickest of the three, is completely round in shape. The sixth portion is another plain disc on top of which rests the final structure, which is the box pedestal. It is believed that the purpose of the box pedestal was to serve as a platform for a figure.
There are Sanskrit inscriptions in Brahmi Script etched on the pillar, some mentioning the Tomar King Anang Pal & it is said to weigh more than six tons. There is a popular traditional myth that it brings good luck if one can circle & join one's hands with their back to the pillar. For centuries it is exposed to the Sun, rain, winds, extreme heat and cold, but it continues to successfully resist all signs of ageing and wear and tear.
The Lotus Temple is located at Bahapur Hill. Also called Bahai Temple or the Bahai House of worship, the Lotus Temple is one of the major landmarks and among the most visited places of sightseeing in Delhi.
Lotus Temple was found by the believers of the Bahai Faith, an independent world religion, which was founded by Baha'ullah. This temple is an ideal place of meditation which is open to all other faiths. Lotus Temple is so named because of the lotus like structure of the temple. It is one of seven Bahai Houses of Worship in the world and is one of the most visited sites in the world with an average of three and a half million visitors each year.
The temple was designed by Fariborz Shaba, a Canadian architect of Iranian origin. He took 10 years in designing the structure. The construction of the building began in 1980 and was completed in 1986 at a cost of Rs. 10 million and was opened to public on January 1, 1987. This place of worship of the Bahai sect is literally constructed in the shape of a large, white lotus flower. The Lotus Temple has also won numerous architectural awards.
The temple is set amidst 26 acres of lush landscaped garden. The temple has 27 free-standing white petals made of marble arranged in clusters of three to form nine sides. It measures around 35 m in height and is surrounded by 9 pools. The nine doors of the Lotus Temple open onto a central hall slightly more than 40 m tall that is capable of holding up to 2,500 people. These 9 walkways represent the nine unifying spiritual paths of the Baha'i faith. The surface of the temple is made of white marble from Penteli Mountain in Greece. Due to its magnificent structure, Lotus Temple is also known as the Taj of Modern India.
The temple has no idols, religious pictures and other religious symbols like all other worship places. It is the perfect place for meditation, peace and wisdom. The visitors are required to maintain silence inside the hall. The Bahai temple looks spectacular just before sunset when the temple is lit us beautifully.
Humayun's Tomb is one of the prime tourist places to visit in Delhi and one of the top historical places in Delhi city. The tomb is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is the final resting place of Humayun, the second Mughal Emperor and father of Akbar.
The construction of this tomb was commissioned by Humayun's wife, Hamida Banu Begum or Haji Begum in 1562. It was designed by Mirak Mirza Ghiyath, a Persian architect. Humayun's tomb was based on Gur-e Amir, the tomb of Mughal ancestor Timur in Samarkand. The tomb was completed in 1572 AD and is believed to have costed 15 lakh rupees at the time of its completion. The entire structure is built using red sandstone.
Humayun's tomb is a fine specimen of the great Mughal architecture, which was inspired by Persian architecture. The tomb was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. Its unique beauty is said to have inspired several major architectural innovations, culminating in the construction of the majestic Taj Mahal.
The tomb is octagonal in shape with two double-storeyed gateways to enter the tomb, one on the west and the other on the south. The southern gateway is currently closed. The tomb has a large pavilion and a bathing chamber. The octagonal central chamber contains the main tomb of Humayun and the diagonal sides lead to corner chambers which house the graves of other members of the royal family. The roof surmounted by a large dome built with marble.
The mausoleum stands in the centre of a 30-acre garden known as the Char Bagh or Four Gardens. The Persian style garden is decorated with several fountains. The complex of Humayun's Tomb consists of many small monuments like tomb of Humayun's wife, tomb of Humayun's barber, Afsarwala tomb and Mosque, Isa Khan Tomb, Bu Halima Garden and Nila Gumbad. This is also the place where the last Mughal emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar, took refuge before being captured and exiled by the British in 1857.
The tomb of Barber is an impressive square tomb with a double marble dome which is located on the south western region of the tomb and standing on a raised platform. The tomb is datable to 1590-91, through an inscription found inside. The person interned in this tomb is unknown; the local name of the tomb is Barber's Tomb (Nai ka Gumbad). Inside the tomb, there are two graves inscribed with verses from the Quran. On the southeastern region, just outside the enclosure of Humayun's Tomb lies Nila-Gumbad (blue dome). Nila-Gumbad is believed to have been built in 1625 by Abdur-Rahim Khan and is said to contain the remains of Fahim Khan, one of his faithful attendants.
Safdarjung Tomb is located near the Safdarjung Airport at the T-junction of Lodi Road and Aurobindo Marg. It is located at a distance of 1 km from the Lodi Garden. It was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1993.
Safdarjung Tomb was built by his son Shujaud Daula in 1754. It is among the best tourist places in Delhi and also among the top historical places in Delhi city. This Tomb is dedicated to Mirza Muqeem Abdul-Mansur Khan, who was also known as Safdarjung. He was the viceroy of Oudh under Muhammad Shah and prime minister under Ahmad Shah. The tomb is the last example of the pattern which began with Humayun's tomb.
The Tomb was built in distinct Mughal architecture. Constructed in the center of a large garden, the compound is decorated with ponds and fountains. Crafted out of red sandstone with a white marble dome, the Tomb is built on a raised platform. The tomb has a gate on the East and pavilions on the other sides, namely, Moti mahal or the pearl palace, Jangli mahal and Badshah Pasand. The compound is surrounded by a high outer masonry wall, with channels to carry water to different pavilions. The walls contain a series of arches on its inner side and the four corners are articulated with octagonal chhatris. The entrance gateway contains few apartments, a courtyard and a mosque.
It is a square double-storeyed structure and surmounted by a bulbous dome of marble. Red and buff sandstone has been used in its facing, a large proportion of which was stripped off from Abdul Rahim Khan-i-Khanan's tomb. The central chamber of the tomb is surrounded by eight rooms all around with cenotaph in the middle. The interior of the tomb has designs made with plaster. There are four towers around the main tomb at the corners which are polygonal in shape with open arches in the middle.
There is an underground chamber in the mausoleum which houses the burial chambers or graves of Safdarjung and His wife. The monument is under the control of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). The complex also has a madrasa. To the south of this tomb is the historic site of the battlefield where Timur had defeated Nasir-ud-Din Tughlaq of Delhi Sultanate in 1398 AD
After completion of sightseeing drop to Airport and tour ends with sweet Memories……………….